What is a TrustFactory Individual Certificate?
TrustFactory's Individual Certificates are essentially document signing certificates.
There are currently 3 categories:
1) Email certificates:
- These certificates are used with mail clients such as Outlook, etc.
- You can sign and encrypt your emails.
- The receiver of your email will be assured that the email, transmission and contents, are secure and private. Thus it has not been intercepted or tampered with.
- AATL is a program that allows users worldwide to digitally sign Adobe documents.
- As part of the AATL requirements, the private key needs to be generated on a token/ smart card/hardware security module that meet FIPS 140-2 Level 3 or equivalent
- This certificate ensures you can digitally sign adobe documents and conveys to the receiver of the document that your digital identity can be trusted
3) Personal Pass Premium Certificates (AES- Advanced Electronic Signature that comply with the ECT Act 25 of 2002)
- This certificate provides the benefits of the AATL certificate and
- Goes further in that, due to the rigorous identity validation, your digital signature is valid and binding just like your handwritten signature.
- It also requires the private key needs to be generated on a token/ smart card/hardware security module that meet FIPS 140-2 Level 3 or equivalent